Monday, September 8, 2008

Trenton's Blessing Day


Greg and I had the pleasure of blessing our handsome little boy yesterday, September 7, 2008. Greg did a wonderful job and it was fun to have so much friends and family around us. My mom and dad came down from Idaho. Even though they had a very rough week. My Uncle Danny passed away (I am sorry I missed uncle dannys funeral but my thoughts and prayers are with aunt Kay and all her children) and they had his funeral to help and attend and with all that my mom and dad both have had back pain and trouble this week. (Jeff's family didn't make it due to the fact that poor little deegan would of struggled since it is a long trip and his cast is huge {for those who don't know he broke his thigh bone and has a cast that covers the broken leg, around his hips and half way down the other leg.} Justin family chose not to come we sadly missed all of them). Lindsey and Robert came from Cedar City and then lots of others in the valley attended as well.

I spent much of the day before preparing for the blessing. I actually worked until 3 but after that we (the girls) attacked the kitchen. We made brownies, chocochip cookies, pumpkin cookies, lemon bars, pound cake and dips. It was great fun. After the blessing we had fruit, veggies and ham or turkey sandwiches. My parents couldn't stay long since they had to drive home that night but I love having them here for as much time as they can give us. After they left We had a much needed nap and played card games with James, Lindsey and Amber.


Here are a few pictures from the blessing day. The one with Grandma Gailey was from her first time holding Trent.

Great Grandma Gailey and Trenton


Jessica and Dominic taking their turns holding Trent

Cute Aunt Lindsey



Trent with his mama on their way to change their clothes.

It was a great day and memorable day.







No comments: